Annoyed by the missing content? Well there is a reason for it! A lot of maps require game content such as Counter-Strike: Source, HL2DM and similar to display models and materials. If you are seeing checkered textures and errors; you can use the below guide to get the content!
Tip: Most maps that we have added use Counter-Strike: Source or HL2DM content. We shy away from using maps with TF2 content in general.
1. Download the content you wish to install. It’ll download in a .zip file format.
2. If you haven’t done so already, install WinRAR or WinZIP
3. Open the .zip file you downloaded from this website.
4. Navigate to your local Garry’s Mod addons directory.
Open Steam, navigate to your library, find “Garry’s Mod” and right click and select “Properties”, Goto the “Local Files” tab, click “Browse Local Files”. This will open the location of your game. Then, open the “garrysmod” folder and then open the “addons” folder.
5. Open the WinRAR or WinZIP window and drag and drop the content folder into your addons directory.
6. Restart/Open your Garry’s Mod
7. That’s it! You’ve now installed the additional content.